|Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Duration||8 Hours: 2 hours in the river and 1 hour hike|
|Location||Sacred Valley of the Incas|
||From mid April to January|
|Departure||Every day, upon request|
|River rafting level||Class 2-3 rapids. No prior experience required|
|Hiking level||Easy hike with smooth ups and downs|
At 8:30AM the guide will pick you up from your hotel located in Cusco or the Sacred Valley (on the way to Ollantaytambo) and drive through the mountains towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas until reaching our private river put-in located in Pachar. Here you will receive your rafting equipment and a safety briefing. (Toilet facilities are available).
After a brief period practicing on the flat parts of the river, we will start our journey on easy waters, while we admire the spectacular mountain view and the archaeological remains. We will continue towards Ollantaytambo and its amazing Inca terraces, at the time we will experience class 2-3 rapids, to end with “El Resbaladero” (The Slide), a strong class 3 rapid that includes waves and small whirlpools.
We will then have lunch in a traditional restaurant located on the riverside and owned by the local community. This is a great chance to enjoy the Andean cuisine while supporting community projects. We will then proceed to Ollantaytambo, one of the last Inca cities remaining still on foot. Passengers will enjoy a guided visit to the ruins that crown the town.
Return to Cusco.
- Professional rafting and trekking guide
- Safety kayak
- Private transportation as mentioned in itinerary
- Top of the line rafting equipment (V river rafting gear) and self-bailing rafts
- Safety and professional river procedures.
- Best class V river guides (international training, swift-water rescue and wilderness first responder courses)
- Professional First-aid kit
- Environmental care
- Lunch at Cachiccata community restaurant: 1 entrée, 1 main course, 1 dessert & soda or bottled water.
Price does not include:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Extras not mentioned in itinerary
- Fee Entrance (US$ 28.00 aprox)
NOTE: This tour works just during the dry season: April – December.